Question:

From Elsinore, Utah, USA:

My daughter has type 1 diabetes and, for the past week, she has been going low at bedtime. She eats enough for dinner. If I change her insulin, then she is high at bedtime. What do I do to help her stay normal?

Answer:

It sounds like you're making all of the correct choices, but haven't had the results you're looking for. You may wish to consult with your diabetes team when the choices you are making don't have the intended results. There may be a new type of insulin or a new strategy for making dose adjustments that they want to review with you.

Posted to Hypoglycemia and Daily Care