Question:

From USA:

Should my 83 year old mother take glybruride 2.5 mg, with a sugar level of 140 mg/dl [7.8 mmol/L]? Can she be diet controlled instead?

Answer:

There is not enough information for me to answer this question. For instance, are the sugars always 140 mg/dl [7.8 mmol/L] or was this only one time? What is the hemoglobin A1c? This test result gives you an idea if her sugars are elevated all the time over the previous three months. The dose of glyburide is not elevated, but it still has the potential to make the sugars low. If you are not sure about the answers to these questions, contact your physician and discuss them with him/her.

Posted to Pills for Diabetes and Type 2