From Saudi Arabia:

My six year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on February 21, 2005. She is taking Lantus once a day and rapid-acting insulin at 6 a.m., 1 p.m. and 8 p.m. What do you think of this regimen? Her blood sugars range from 80 to 270 mg/dl [4.4 to 15.0 mmol/L] in the afternoon.

I think your daughter's insulin regimen is quite good provided her average A1c levels are quite good as well. You might want to decrease the higher than optimal postprandial blood glucose values by adjusting the premeal insulin waiting time of the Regular (even with lispro or aspart you have to wait for some minutes and longer if the preprandial blood glucose value at that time is higher than the optimal ones).

Posted to Daily Care and Insulin