From Nazareth, Texas, USA:

I take Actos and insulin injections. My levels stay within 300 to 400 mg/dl [16.7 to 22.2 mmol/L] or even higher. I was told by my doctor to just increase my units of Lantus, but I was never given a maximum. I feel horrible and am tired of experimenting and the expense. Specialists are too far away and, being a teacher, I have no more days to give to go to the doctor. What should I do?

It sounds like you need you need to be on insulin therapy. Lantus with Actos is not enough. I would suggest you speak with your physician and begin insulin injections using Lantus and a fast-acting insulin with a goal of blood sugars less than 150 mg/dl [8.3 mmol/L]. This may also require extra teaching for self-care skills. However, it sounds like you have no other choice.

Posted to Insulin and Type 2