Question:

From Beirut, Lebanon:

I have heard that, as my toddler son grows, we should decrease the number of insulin shots per day. Is it true that it is better to have less than three shots a day?

Answer:

I don't think you could have read about the concept of decreasing the insulin shots per day as children grow on our web site nor anywhere else on certified medical sites. What is true is almost the opposite, i.e. increasing the number of daily insulin doses and or shots per day in order to meet increasing metabolic and hormonal demands due to growth.