Question:

From Exeter, Devon, England:

I have recently read about needle free insulin dispensers. Are they available on the NHS or would I have to buy them privately? Would you also be able to tell me about them and how, if better, efficient they are?

Answer:

I understand that it is now possible to get such a device on prescription from a specialist. However, I personally would not recommend unless you are irreconcilably needle phobic. The discomfort is about the same as with a needle and the noise is awesome. In addition, the fiddling required to set up the devices is considerable.

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Other