From Tavistock, Devon, England:

I would like to travel to Australia for six months to a year. I'm concerned about how to manage my diabetes within this time. Do I need to take insulin supplies with me? Do I need to get a specialist while I'm there? How do I go about doing all of this?

I don't know the precise procedure but your general practitioner should be able to advise you. However, you certainly don't have to carry a six month insulin supply. I suggest you contact the Australian Embassy in London.

[Editor's comment: See also a previous question about travel to Australia. BH]

Posted to Traveling and Daily Care