From Atlanta, Georgia, USA:

How should I adjust our Humalog and Lantus regimen when the time changes to Daylight Savings Time this weekend? My three year old currently take Lantus at breakfast and dinner and Humalog at all three meals.

Just switch. The hour difference (Spring forward one hour) will make no difference in the big picture, especially given the more basal action of Lantus.

Be on the lookout for how you bolus with the Humalog, though. With summer and longer days, tends to come more evening activity and foods that may be lighter and less calorie dense. Count those carbohydrates carefully.

Posted to Insulin and Daily Care