From Batesville, Arkansas, USA:

My four year old son had a strange episode two days ago when he woke up that morning. He was fine for 20 minutes, but then began to shake and went to sleep within seconds. I was unable to get him in an alert state. I took him to the Emergency Room and they gave him some Pepsi through a straw. He was awake and fine about 20 minutes later except for still being a little shaky. They checked a CBC/Differential and BMP (Basic Metabolic Panel), in which his glucose was 147 mg/dl [8.2 mmol/L], which was blamed on the Pepsi he had been sipping on. The laboratory report was sent to his pediatrician and she called me later to say he was also a "little dry." He has not been sick or had any fever so she wants to see him to check him over. He urinates very frequently and I have monitored his glucose level the last two days with the following results: morning fasting of 11 hours--130 mg/dl [7.2 mmol/L]; and two hours after having one-half a cup of cereal and one cup of milk--145 mg/dl [8.1 mmol/L]. What do you think? Should I be concerned that he may have diabetes?

Please review the results you've seen with your pediatrician. Some of those blood sugars seem a little higher than I would expect. Your son may require additional testing.