From Metamora, Illinois, USA:

My 22 month old son has started drinking large amounts of fluid. He went from drinking 20 to 30 ounces of fluids each day to anywhere from 50 to 70 ounces each day. He wakes at night and from naps begging for a drink. I was concerned, so his pediatrician ordered a urine test. His glucose was high but his ketones were fine. The doctor ordered a blood test. The test came back negative, but I still do not feel comfortable with this answer. Is it possible that the test could not be accurate or is excess thirst a sign of anything else?

Glucose (or sugar) in the urine is always abnormal and requires further testing. A single blood test cannot rule out diabetes and your son will likely require some further testing given his symptoms. He is clearly at risk for having diabetes and should be monitored very closely.