Question:

From Staten Island, New York, USA:

My friend has type 2 diabetes and does not take care of himself. He does not sleep well. He seems like he has no will power to eat right and exercise. Are there any sleepover clinics that he can go to so he can get help and learn how to take care of himself? Without it, he will not survive much longer.

Answer:

It appears that your friend is in need of psychological assistance. There are various clinics throughout the country, but unless he wishes to help himself and improve his own care, nothing, in my opinion, will help. I would suggest that he discuss this with his physician and, if he does not have an endocrinologist or endocrine team, that he seek their advice immediately.

ABS

Posted to Type 2 and Behavior