From Pomona, California, USA:

I am 36 years old. I was at 196 pounds at 5 feet 10 inches. I started on this diet drinking a gallon of water a day. I lost about 40 pounds, but I got sick so I went to a doctor. They found out that I had 536 mg/dl [29.8 mmol/L] of sugar in my blood so I had to take insulin shots for a week, then things got better. I don't take insulin any more. For about six weeks, my blood sugar is about 100 to 120 mg/dl [5.6 to 6.7 mmol/L]. What type of diabetes do I have?

It is likely that you have type 2 diabetes. You will need follow-up with your physician. The insulin was helpful in getting your blood sugars down rapidly. However, it appears you do not need insulin long-term. You may need some form of oral therapy.