From Kansas City, Missouri, USA:

I'm looking for a device that my grandson can wear that will monitor his blood sugar continuously. Is there such a device?

At present (April 2005), there is only one continuous glucose sensor that is FDA approved and that is the GlucoWatch. This device uses an electric current to draw fluid out from the skin, which is measured for glucose. Some people find the electric current to be quite irritating and cannot use the device. Some people have no problem with it.

Several companies are working on continuous glucose sensors that do not suffer from the skin irritation problem of the GlucoWatch.

Posted to Research: Monitoring and Blood Tests and Insulin Injections