From Deweyville, TX, USA:

I won't be able to get insurance until next month. My son is sick and needs to be seen by a doctor. He is vomiting and I can't keep him awake. His sugar's are high and his ketones are high. I am checking his blood sugar every 30 minutes and making him take extra insulin. The clinic won't see him without the money to pay for visit don't get paid until Friday. What can I do?

GO TO LOCAL EMERGENCY ROOM NOW! They cannot refuse treatment on account of financial issues for a potential life-threatening emergency.

Also, contact your regular diabetes team and see if they can give some (free) phone advice. But, based on your description, the child sounds to be in diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) now and this can be life threatening TODAY.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and Sick Days