From Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, USA:

My granddaughter had a blood test and it showed that her insulin level was low. Her doctor ordered a three hour glucose test that was normal. She will be re-tested next month. What does this mean? I thought if your insulin level was low, you were diabetic. There is diabetes in both sides of her family. What concerns should we have? She has increased thirst and urination. But, she has recently gained weight. We were told to watch for weight loss.

Insulin levels can be erratic. An insulin level can be helpful in making a diagnosis of diabetes, but the diagnosis is typically made using other tests such as the glucose tolerance test you mentioned. Your physician will be your best resource in interpreting all of the testing that has been done on your granddaughter.