From Georgia, USA:

I am a junior in high school and have had type one diabetes for 12 years. Recently, I have become very interested in military service. I need to know if there is any way possible for me to join any part of the military since I do have diabetes. What kind of requirements would I need to meet? I really want to work in the medical part of the military, preferably the Air Force or the Army. If there is anyway that this dream of helping my country is possible, please let me know. I'll do whatever it takes to become qualified. Just let me know what needs to be done, like what my A1c should be, who I need to get in touch with, etc., and I will do it.

As of May 2005, people with type 1 diabetes are not permitted to join the US military. However, if you are already serving and develop type 1 diabetes, you are no longer automatically discharged.