From Provo, Utah, USA:

I am in the middle of my honeymoon period right now and I have gradually decreased the amount of insulin I have been taking. Now, I am taking none. However, occasionally I still drop low. Is my body now overcompensating? Is this common? Do I need to go in and talk with my doctor? What do I need to do to prevent lows from occurring?

It can be very dangerous to stop taking insulin altogether with type 1 diabetes. If you are substantially decreasing your insulin, it should be done only under your physician's direct supervision. Please review your dosing immediately with your physician and seek their advice.

Posted to Honeymoon and Hypoglycemia