From Cleveland, Tennessee, USA:

My daughter's three year old was diagnosed with type 1 last August. My son's four year old recently had a low blood sugar episode. Her tests show she has mononucleosis and also active Epstein-Barr virus. She continues to have low blood sugar. She has an appointment with an endocrinologist in the next few weeks. All the tests show no diabetes at this time, but I'm wondering about the possibility of diabetes in her future. Am I worrying needlessly? Is this a precursor to diabetes?

True hypoglycemia in children is not usually a precursor to diabetes later in life.

Posted to Hypoglycemia and Diagnosis and Symptoms