Question:

From Port Harcourt, Nigeria:

I am an American who lives and works most of the time in West Africa. I first showed signs of diabetes in 1998 after a serious case of hepatitis. I currently inject 50 units of Lantus just before going to bed and between five to 10 units of Humalog just before each meal.

I am running out of Lantus and do not plan to travel back to the U.S. in the next few weeks. Can you advise me where I might find the Lantus in Nigeria or which, if there is one, other insulin would be compatible? I have plenty of the Humalog; I am only running short of Lantus.

Answer:

I don't have a specific source, but can give an e-mail for a physician contact, Biola Oduwole: bioodu@yahoo.com.

Posted to Insulin Analogs and Other