From New South Wales, Australia:

My child is about to undergo Botox treatment for their CP (cerebral palsy) with their Orthopedic Specialist. The pediatric endocrinologist has moved away and we are waiting for a new one to come to the area and start practice. I have only heard mainly horror stories about the side effects of Botox, infections, etc. I cannot find anything that advises on the effect of Botox on blood sugars. I can find references to diabetics with gastroparesis benefiting from Botox, but they all talked about diabetics whose blood sugars were out of control. They didn't mention improved control at all. Does Botox affect blood sugars? If so, how, and for how long?

I do not know of any studies about Botox related to diabetes, but if there is no emergency from an orthopedic standpoint, I would wait until you can consult with a pediatric diabetologist who knows your child's diabetes. If there is no pediatric diabetologist available in your area, there are excellent diabetes specialists with whom to consult at the New Children's Hospital in Sydney, as well as in Melbourne.