From Kuwait City, Kuwait:

I am a 28 year old male working in Kuwait. My fasting blood sugar is 144 mg/dl [8.0 mmol/L] and my postprandial blood sugar is 139 mg/dl [7.7 mmol/L]. Do I have diabetes? If so, what type? How do I manage it?

If your fasting blood sugar is more than 125 mg/dl [6.9 mmol/L] on two separate days, you have diabetes. You don't mention if you have had an A1c test. If that test is high, you may need medicine. Otherwise, you could learn carbohydrate counting and start a program of meal planning and physical activity to see if that will control your blood sugar both before and after meals.

Additional comments from Dr. David Schwartz:

What was the manner and under what circumstances were your glucose levels measured? If the values were from a home glucometer, then the diagnosis of diabetes may be SUSPECTED but not confirmed - especially if you had few symptoms (see this website for links to definitions of diabetes). A diagnosis of diabetes can be confirmed if the values were from serum drawn from a vein and analyzed in the appropriate laboratory.