From Dunn, North Carolina, USA:

My daughter's insulin pump connection had a problem while she was sleeping and her blood sugar reading went as high as 380 mg/dl [21.1 mmol/L] during a reading when she got up in the morning. She experienced nausea and vomited some. After analyzing the problem and correcting it, she was able to get her readings within a normal level within a few hours. She asked that I do a search on the web to answer a question related to the incident. She is a breast feeding mom. Will her milk be affected by the high blood sugar readings to where it would harm the baby? In other words, should she save the milk that she pumped during the time of the incident? She already had plenty of milk stored from previous pumpings, so she did not have to worry about giving the baby the milk right away.

The breast milk is not harmful to the baby. Breast milk is made of lactose that is manufactured. Even if the glucose was higher for only a short time, the baby has an autonomous and independent system to handle this.

Posted to Other and Hyperglycemia and DKA