Question:

From Texas, USA:

When I was in third grade, I was anorexic. People always make fun of me because I was so young when I had it. Now, I also have type 2 diabetes. I do not know how long I've had type 2 diabetes because I found two months ago when I was sick for a week because I had too much sugar. Years before that I had signs of type 2 diabetes. I'm thinking I anorexia and type 2 diabetes had some connection. Maybe I had type 2 diabetes which, for some odd reason, made me stop eating. What do you think?

Answer:

I'm not aware of any connection between anorexia nervosa and type 2 diabetes.

Posted to Other Illnesses and Other