Question:

From Timmins, Ontario, Canada:

Do you have any positive feedback on the non-prescription drugs Diabeticine or Geobetic? I just came across the advertisements for both and they promise to lower the dosage of insulin needed to control blood sugars. One also states that the herbs in the product actually kick start the pancreas to start producing insulin in some with type 1, even with results as dramatic as a total cure for some. I can't see how this is possible because it would be known to the diabetic clinics and introduced in the first stage of diabetes

Answer:

I know of no scientific trials that prove their benefit. As supplements, they can make unsubstantiated claims and are not subject to overview by the Food and Drug Administration.