From Lakefield, Minnesota, USA:

Are there clinical trial options geared toward prolonging the onset of type 1 in this child who has an elevated GADA of 27? He has a three year old sibling who was diagnosed six months ago with type 1. Where can we look for information about research in this topic area?

The trials of which I am aware are all looking at prolonging the honeymoon period in people already diagnosed with diabetes. If the child has a normal glucose tolerance test and a normal A1c, as far as I know, there aren't open protocols at present. Once a child has diabetes, there are trials such as TrialNet (for age 12 and up), the Prevention of Diabetes Progression Trial (here at Indiana University, age 6 and up) and trials with oral interferon (at the NIH, age 3 and up).