Question:

From United Kingdom:

My 10 year old daughter has been insulin dependant since January 2005. We are going to be emigrating to Winnipeg, Canada later this year. At the moment, she is using Lilly Humulin M3 insulin. I couldn't find that type on the list and wondered how they go about changing it. Also, how I go about finding a diabetes team for her when we get there?

Answer:

I would suggest Dr. Heather Dean at the University of Manitoba. I am sure she or her diabetes team (Lori Berard, RN comes to mind), can take care of changing her insulin.They are an excellent, well-respected diabetes group.

LSF

Posted to Insulin and Other