Question:

From Ireland:

I have extremely good control over my diabetes, with a recent A1c of 7.0 and generally tight control (despite the odd minor low). Recently, I have been urinating small amounts of pale urine with increased frequency. What could be causing this?.

Answer:

The increased frequency may not be the result of elevated blood sugars inducing more urine. It may be that your bladder is not emptying completely and you are having increased residual urine after you urinate. I suggest you speak to your physician about this. It is not difficult to find the answer to this question. In addition to a primary bladder problem, it could also signal a problem with the prostate.