From India:

I am 46 years old, weigh 100 kg (220 pounds) and have a mild case of diabetes. I have no hypertension, but, sometimes, when I eat too much sugar, my blood pressure goes up. Other than medication, what can I do to help lower my blood pressure? Can lime water or coconut water help? Is there anything else I can do?

I do not have a recommendation for the immediate treatment of high blood pressure. Depending how much of a rise you are talking about, it can be dangerous to use potent medications to bring blood pressure down rapidly. Such a strategy should be discussed with your physician.

Posted to Other and Type 2