From Leesburg, Virginia, USA:

I am 24 years old and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes two weeks ago. From what I have read, I understand that my pancreas is probably still producing insulin and I am in a honeymoon stage. If I were to miss a mealtime shot of insulin, four units of Humalog, what would happen? If I were to miss the bedtime shot, 12 units of Lantus, what would happen? If I were to lose health insurance, could I go at least a month without insulin?

The best way to insure having the longest possible honeymoon phase is to keep the glucose levels well treated with timely insulin injections, if required. It is not a good idea to consider doing without the insulin. This is dangerous and could result in you becoming very sick or worse.

Posted to Insulin and Honeymoon