Question:

From Bedford, New Hampshire, USA:

We just switched our son from one insulin pump manufacturer to a different one. As a result, we now have an extra, unused pump. While I understand that these are prescription only durable medical devices, it seems like a terrible waste just to throw away such an expensive piece of equipment. Are there any organizations where we could donate this? We are fortunate to have excellent medical coverage and realize that there are many others who may not have the financial ability to purchase a pump even if they really would benefit from it.

Answer:

I suggest that you contact Michael Robinton at Insulin Pumpers (www.insulin-pumpers.org). His email is michael@Insulin-Pumpers.org.

JSH

Posted to Insulin Pumps