Question:

From Huntington Beach, California, USA:

My daughter has type 1 diabetes. At her last endocrinology appointment, the doctor was concerned about her weight. So, I have taken her to the gym for about two hours, three days a week and she is playing soccer. She has visited the nutritionist, has watched her diet, and drinks TONS of water. She has lost NO weight at all! We are both very frustrated. What else should we do?

Answer:

Losing weight and weight maintenance are long-term goals. If you are unhappy with your current situation, you may wish also to consult with a dietitian to formulate a comprehensive plan for weight maintenance or weight loss. That plan should set certain goals and should involve portion size reduction at meals, healthy food choices and increased activity.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss