From India:

I've had type 2 diabetes for five years. I have developed neuritis. Is this reversible? Is diabetic neuropathy reversible?

It depends on what the symptoms are that you have. Painful neuropathy can be improved with tighter blood sugar control and some medications are also helpful in treating chronic pain. If it is loss of sensation, there is little that can be done to regenerate the nerve function after it has been lost. There are other forms of neuropathy, however, the most common is pain or numbness in the feet and hands. You can also have neuropathy involving other "automatic" nervous system function. Erectile dysfunction is fairly common in men with diabetes. It can be treated successfully with some of the medications available. Diabetic gastroparesis causes nausea and diabetic diarrhea can occur.