From Tehran, Iran:

I have been told that, in England, they can cure type 1 diabetes by taking anzyme from the parents and injecting it in the child's pancreas. Is this true? If yes, who do I have to contact to get full information? And, if no, what is the latest news on any progress for treatment of type 1 diabetes? I also would like to know what is the most suitable type of pump available for a seven year old child with diabetes?

Unfortunately, there is no cure for type 1 diabetes yet. There are several potential cures, but all are experimental without sufficient time to know long term effects. We are all desperately looking for such a cure that would also need to be safe.

Insulin pumps and their availability depends upon where one lives in the world. You should go to the manufacturer's web sites (i.e., Medtronic MiniMed, Animas, Cozmo, Disetronic-Roche) since they will have some of these answers. There are also chat rooms on this web site, as well as others, that could give you some similar information as well. There is no single ideal pump for any individual. Which pump one uses also depends upon the experience of the diabetes pump team members as well as preferences of parents and children/teens.

Posted to Research: Cure and Insulin Pumps