Question:

From Elgin, South Carolina, USA:

My 10 year old son just began to use a form of untethered pumping. Can I inject his daily dose of Lantus into his infusion set rather than sticking him? If so, will the rate of absorption be affected?

Answer:

Lantus should be injected directly into subcutaneous tissue with a needle/syringe or Lantus pen, not via a pump infusion set.

JS

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Insulin Analogs

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.