From New York, USA:

Does anyone have recent experience visiting Disney or Universal in Orlando with a diabetic child? We have been told that they no longer provide special passes so that the children have less wait time on line.

You may request a Guest Assistance Card at Guest Relations (any Disney park in Orlando). The Guest Assistance Card is for families who require special accommodations for medical reasons. Please note that it is not a carte blanche to the front of the line. Rather, on very hot days when the lines are long, it will assist in cutting down the wait in the heat. The accommodation might be waiting in an air conditioned area, or, depending upon the attraction, it might be going through the Fast Pass entrance with a much shorter line. It is up to the person running the attraction how they choose to accommodate your particular need.

My own family has been to Walt Disney World numerous times and we have found only to need a Guest Assistance Card on the hottest of days. I do recommend using it on those days. It's important not to have your insulin, or your child, overheat.