From Los Angeles, California, USA:

I am a 34 year old white male, 5 feet, 10 inches, 150 pounds. One year ago, I suddenly lost 25 pounds. I saw a doctor who did tests for type 1 diabetes (LADA) and all results were negative. My A1c came back at 10.1. I modified my diet and started to exercise. My weight has stayed at 150 pounds and my last three A1c's were 5.6, 5.1, and 5.4. My fasting numbers are consistently under 120 mg/dl [6.7 mmol/L] and my two hour post meal blood sugars are under 150 mg/dl [8.3 mmol/L]. If I drink a regular Coca Cola, my blood sugar will go to 275 mg/dl [15.3 mmol/L] within one hour. If I eat a huge plate of potatoes, rice, or pasta, my blood sugar will be under 150 mg/dl [8.3 mmol/L] in one hour.

I am currently taking 10 mg of Lipitor. My LDL is under 100 and my HDL is above 50. My blood pressure is normal. I take no other medications and I feel great. What do I have?

You have type 2 diabetes. There is no evidence of autoimmune markers and no need to stay on insulin, or other diabetes medications for that matter. Good job. You have lost enough weight that you have recovered some insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion. Don't let down. Keep up the good work.