From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA:

My 11 year old son has type 1 diabetes and uses an insulin pump. He eats a lot of sandwiches and toast. What is the best type of bread to give him?

I would recommend that you look for a multigrain or whole wheat bread that tends to have a higher amount of dietary fiber. Fiber slows down the rise in post meal blood sugars and provides more satiety than white bread. If your son doesn't like the taste of the whole grain breads, a nice compromise might be the white wheat bread that's just come out on the market. It has more of the taste of white bread, but the benefits of wheat. Good luck with your meal planning.