From Houston, Texas, USA:

The social studies department at my child's school has a reputation for penalizing students if they are absent for a test or a quiz. They give harder tests if the student is absent, such as fill in the blank tests, rather than giving them the multiple choice test that the other students took if they were not absent. Is it legal for the school to penalize my child for blood sugar issues if the teacher knows that it is diabetes-related and the blood glucose reading is documented by the school?

As long as the protocol is the same for all students who miss a test, then the school is not discriminating. You may want to talk to your child's school about their reasons for doing this and to confirm that this protocol is applied to all.

Posted to School and Daycare