From Bonney Lake, Washington, USA:

My 13 year old son has had type 1 diabetes for over three years. Fortunately, we have never had to use glucagon. As a child gets older, do the chances of having to use glucagon decrease? Is an adult less likely to need to use glucagon than a child?

I don't think the likelihood lessens although the risk of being caught unaware of a hypoglycemic reaction is relatively higher in early childhood. Obviously, even in adults, there are factors that increase the chance of a severe hypoglycemic reaction, such as prolonged exercise, alcohol, very tight blood glucose control, and previous severe hypoglycemia.