Question:

From Portland, Oregon, USA:

I would like to know if there is a good French-language book on type 1 diabetes for my husband to read. He has limited English and it has been hard for him to understand a lot of the information we have received. We have found books on Amazon.com but don't know if they would be helpful or not.

Answer:

There is an excellent French-language diabetes manual, Diabétologie pédiatrique written by Paul Czernichow and Harry Dorchy several years ago. Also, one by Jean Jacques Robert. You should be able to locate these by author searches through any of the Internet bookstores, particularly those in France and Belgium.

Additional comments from Jane Seley, diabetes nurse specialist:

Why don't you try the Canadian Diabetes Association web site? They have literature in French and English.

JS