From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA:

My 14 year old daughter participated in TrialNet studies. Her 11 year old brother has had diabetes for almost three years. I am not sure exactly where the decimal point belongs in these values. Her GAD test was significantly positive (over 100--Normal was below 30) and her IAA test was slightly positive (.18-- Normal below 0.1). I have read conflicting percentages on her risk of developing diabetes in the next 5 to 10 years. What is her risk? Should I even consider the IAA test since it was only 0.8 above the normal range?

You should discuss this with the research study doctors since they will already have a protocol and know how best to interpret these results. If the antibody tests are positive, then the risk rises from a general 2% risk (siblings).

Posted to Research: Causes and Prevention and Research: Other Research