From Alberta, Canada:

When is the best time to put a child on a pump? My daughter is still honeymooning. Should I wait until she is done honeymooning or can I start her now?

There is no best time. Some, including our team, do not start pump therapy until multi-dose insulin therapy is not working so well: too much hassle, too many hypoglycemic episodes (especially nocturnal episodes), A1c goals not being reached, too much day-to-day variability, etc. You should discuss this with your diabetes team since they know you and your child the best and can make individualized recommendations that make the most sense.

Posted to Insulin Pumps and Honeymoon