From Jacksonville, Florida, USA:

I'm 50 years old and recently had my eyes examined, which led to a trip to the doctor's office where I was diagnosed with diabetes. My nurse practitioner said that I've had it for quite a while. I'm now on metformin, a 1500 calorie diet and exercise. She's also ordered more blood tests for Hepatitis A, B and C and an ultrasound of my liver, pancreas and spleen. Are these procedures normal?

You should ask her what she is looking for. These are not routine tests for someone newly diagnosed with diabetes.

Posted to Other and Type 2