From Montreal, Quebec, Canada:

My six year old son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on October, 30, 2005. After some research, I came across a research at the University of Florida on cord blood and diabetes for which my son is eligible. However, we live in Montreal and the study is in Florida. Is there any type of help that you know of that would help us cover the travel costs to participate?

According to Dr. Michael Haller, a Pediatric Endocrinology Fellow at the University of Florida, the grant covers travel for the child and one parent for all visits! Please contact him at for more information. Another family from Canada is also likely to be enrolling in the study in the next month or so. So far, he has enrolled four children and is hoping to have 10 in the first phase of the study.

Posted to Other and Research: Other Research