From Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom:

This may sound like a stupid question, but I do not know much about diabetes. However, I have most of the usual symptoms found on other web sites and I was wondering if you can develop diabetes from eating too much chocolate.

Oh my, no, no, no! Diabetes develops when the body either stops making enough insulin or the insulin that is made does not work well. Type 1 diabetes results from the body harming its own beta cells (the cells that make insulin). Scientists are not sure what starts this process, but some infections or environmental toxins may be at fault. There are many risk factors for type 2 diabetes, including family history, obesity, and sedentary lifestyle. But, no one food causes diabetes.

If you are concerned that you may have signs of diabetes, please check this out with your doctor.