From Eden, Wisconsin, USA:

I keep watching for financial assistance to the conferences but it always says "None Available." Are there any funds or doesn't it receive enough donations anymore to offer assistance? Is it only open at certain times of the year? Where can I look for sponsorship to one of these conferences?

The Education for Children With Diabetes Foundation (ECWDF) plans to provide financial assistance to several families to attend the Friends for Life Annual Conference at Renaissance Orlando Resort at Sea World in Orlando, Florida (July 19-23, 2006).

The scholarships are need-based and are awarded only to selected families who have not previously attended a CWD Conference. Scholarships cover the conference costs, but individual families are responsible for their own transportation to the event.

A date has not yet been set for release of the 2006 conference scholarship application. Last year's scholarship application was posted in early March and completed applications were due March 28. Please continue to watch the Children with Diabetes web site for an announcement that the application has been posted.