From Bronx, New York, USA:

I am 13 years old and I have had type 1 diabetes over a year now. Before I was diagnosed, I was growing quickly, but a month before I was diagnosed I started to get shorter instead of taller. Why did this happen? Is it because my diabetes effected it? Now, I'm the shortest person in the seventh grade and the fifth grade, even though I'm in seventh?

It is unlikely that you actually grew shorter. It is more likely that your friends and those around you are growing faster than you are. If you have concerns about your growth, I would recommend reviewing them with your pediatrician. Diabetes typically doesn't dramatically affect growth unless it is very poorly controlled.