Question:

From Valley Village, California, USA:

I have family history of type 2 diabetes. I am in my sixth pregnancy, in my 27th week, and had a glucose tolerance test (GTT)test yesterday. Results are as follows:

Time Blood Glucose
Fasting for 12 hours 72 mg/dl [4.0 mmol/L]
60 minutes 90 mg/dl [5.0 mmol/L]
120 minutes 88 mg/dl [4.9 mmol/L]
180 minutes 109 mg/dl [6.1 mmol/L]

Can you make sense of the final result? It doesn't make sense to me because the levels were going down after the peak and then suddenly spiked. Is this indicative of anything?

Answer:

All of your values are impressively in the normal range. Sometimes there are slightly odd results. This can be due to normal variation. In your case, this not anything to cause alarm.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes