From Tyner, Kentucky, USA:

My 19 year old son was diagnosed with type 1 two years ago. He has been interested in getting a pump since starting college. Just when I thought I had done all the research I could on the pumps, I recently saw an ad for an OmniPod. I was interested in your opinion of this product in terms of it verses other pumps. I haven't really seen much information on this and don't know if they are available where I live.

The OmniPod just came on the market, so I do not have any experience with this pump yet. You might be able to find more information about it on their web site. The company that makes the OmniPod is based out of Bedford, Massachusetts. A big difference between the OmniPod and the other pumps currently on the market is that there is no tubing. The "Pod" of insulin is attached to the body and, then, a PDA like device needs to be carried around at all times to do all the insulin programming.

Posted to Insulin Pumps