From Safety Harbor, Florida, USA:

My five year old daughter is very active. She has not gained any weight in the last year. In fact, she has lost two pounds. She had an A1c of 6.2 and seems fine, but we are concerned about the weight loss. Is it related to her diabetes or something else?

There are many causes of inadequate weight gain in children that may or may not be related to her diabetes. Typically, weight loss is a problem that needs to be addressed by your pediatrician. I would suggest getting her in for a check-up and mention your concerns about her weight.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss